‘Sharing Our Oceans and Rivers – A Vision For The World’s Fisheries’
Call for abstracts reopens
Held every four years, the 8th World Fisheries Congress will be the largest gathering of research, industry and management sectors to discuss the latest advances in fisheries world-wide. The World Fisheries Congress is the key international fisheries conference.
Aiming to foster cooperation and engagement in commercial, recreational and indigenous fisheries.
Providing insightful presentations and inspiring forums on key developments needed to ensure the future sustainable development of the world’s oceans, lakes, estuaries and rivers.
If you missed out on submitting an abstract previously or would like to submit a new abstract, now is your chance to be part of WFC2021. Abstracts of 350 words must follow the Abstract Submission Guidelines, under four key themes:
- Sustainable Fisheries (Assessment, Regulation, Enforcement)
- Fish and Aquatic Ecosystems (Biodiversity, Conservation, Ecosystem Function, Integrated Management)
- Fisheries and Society (Contributions to Sustainable Development)
- Future of Fish and Fisheries (Innovations in Fisheries)
New topics have also been added to the program:
- COVID Impacts on Fisheries
- Conservation of Marine Fishes
- Conservation of Freshwater Fishes and Crayfishes
Abstract submissions close on 15 February 2021.
With over 1390+ abstracts received from 70+ countries, the World Fisheries Congress program is set to be dynamic, comprehensive and engaging.