What’s New @ MarineBio?
- Sponsorship program initiated. See /sponsor-the-marinebio-conservation-society for details. 5/1/19
- Final migration/upgrade completed, traffic over 4K visitors/day and rising. Site/images optimized, security, PHP, and caching upgraded.
- Species maps views exceeded, upgraded Google developer account.
- Taxonomy check in progress…. call out to guest bloggers pending.
- New species launches in the works. Conservation issues updating in progress. Student resources expansion planned soon. 3/29/19
- Facebook Group very active, Instagram account growing steadily.
- System updates and migration completed 3/18/19, traffic rising from 3.5K visitors/day.
- Old url redirections completed, species/site search engine bugs remain, developer/$ needed to fix (considering offering sponsorships).
- Ocean Channel updated with new species and conservation videos.
- Blog post migration continues… completed (~300 posts, started back in 2006).
- Marine species home pages updated with new maps, links checked, etc. 287 species published, 90 pending review, 8,873 in review.
- Marine Biology Education Resources updated.
- Marine Conservation Organizations list updated.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) updated.
- Worldwide Aquariums & Marine Life Centers page updated.
- Ocean Channel (online video library) testing and updates completed.
- Main new site and servers migration completed. 2/1/19 Two minor bugs re search remaining.